martes, 8 de noviembre de 2011

strange encounters with the not so strange, part II

What was supposed to be a weird dinner with L. and A., ended up being weirder than I expected.

As soon as A. and L. got to my place, I had to announce them we had a new guest for dinner. It was J., my neighbor. He's got a huge crush on my friend A., and as soon I nervously said that she was coming with me and L. he didn't think twice and he self invited to go out with us. I couldn't say no. He's such a nice guy and so friendly. And actually I didn't think it was going to be a problem. We were all friends...right? If this was a Tv show, I'm sure each of us would have a voiceover all night long, trying to figure out what to do with our thoughts while talking and acting. I'm sure it would be quite the sitcom; J. trying to approach A. romantically and hitting on her while A. try to avoid the signs and act like nothing was happening; L. was trying to flirt with me while I was trying to figure out what to do with everybody. I'm one of those who want friends to have fun, but tonight I just wanted to go through with it. We were all on different pages.

We went to Orinoco, a lovely little venezuelan restaurant near my place and I definitely felt like home: good food, bad service and lots of venezuelan slangs. J. was a little confused, and although his spanish is perfect, it's Spain's spanish, which is different. L. was meeting the three of us for the first time, so I'm sure he was kind of confused as well. A. and I were sitting in front of each other talking and sharing our delicious dish. Her sharped tongue was necessary tonight. Thank God for her.

After paying, we left the place and walked back to my place. A. smartly left first and said goodbye, kind of leaving J. hanging on. I feel so bad for him. He's my friend and he likes her a lot. Still can't find a way to let him know she's not interested and that she's seeing someone else.

The rest of us sat on the steps outside, enjoying the nice weather and talked for a while. I know L. wanted him to leave. I could feel it in my bones. I don't smoke cigarrettes, but I asked L. for one. I felt a little better. J. finally left (he didn't seem to understand at all that we wanted to talk alone for a while) and I swear I could see a breath of relief coming from L.'s mouth. We talked a little bit about our personal lives..what was obvious and was not...you know, trivial not-so-trival things and we started to get cold, so we went upstairs to my room. He's a wealthy momma's boy, so he didn't seem impressed with my room, though he said he liked it. I didn't care if he liked it or not.

He sat on the bed and we kept having a getting-to-know-each-other kind of conversation. I felt tempted to bring a subject that had been running through my mind all night. His dead girlfriend and my childhood friend. But I couldn't. I didn't want to make my night weirder. But I failed. After hitting on me, I told him it was time to leave, and that he was going to lose the Train if he didn't hurry up. He didn't seem to care because he grabbed me and kissed me.

I think there's something off about him, though he was sweet, he said the most random things like: "I like you" and "I haven't gotten some in 2 months". I know it sounds prejudgmental, but every single detail about him plains bizarre for me. Or maybe it's me? Maybe is his dead girlfiend? Whatever this is, I'm not ready. He left and talked about meeting up again. L. is sweet and mannered, but something's off.

Whatever, this night was strange.

Peace

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario